Monday, November 27, 2006

Few days old Owen...







After being pregnant for 9 months, I was really glad that Owen was out of my belly. The last week of pregnancy was very tiring and heavy. Nevertheless, the relief was only temporary. After birth, the sleepless nights have begun. Actually, it is not too bad because during pregnancy period, I do get up like 3-4times to pee. So, waking up at night 3 times is allright for me. I was still coping well when I was in JB right after birth.

I moved to Hkg after 1 month and that was when I felt horrible. I was very tired all the time and could not cope with baby. Luckily, my mom accompanied me back to Hkg and she helped a lot. Otherwise, it would be worst. I think it was also due to weather.. it was winter and the house was cold. Dennis bought heaters for the house but still, it was cold. I did not feel good at all. I felt stressed out and often cried. I didn't like my body after birth.. for some reason, I thought I would fit into my old clothes.. don't know why. Naive thinking probably. I was even more stressed when I didn't know how to respond when Owen cried and cried.

Things got better when I calmed down and relaxed. I mean, I had to refocus and change my perspective. A lot of times, I always thought I was not ready for motherhood but you know what, you can never be ready. Taking care of a baby is 24/7.. no day off job. It is indeed very demanding and exhausting. I do get very frustrated on some days when Owen gets extremely cranky especially in the evenings when he refuses to sleep and drink milk.

No comments: